Stitch Sampler Afghan

The completed afghan from the book-“Leisure Arts Presents Afghans For All Seasons“.

Stitch Sampler Afghan Crochet

The pattern is named, “Stitch Sampler” and it is the second one that I have made.

Stitch Sampler Afghan Crochet

The first one I made was in 1993.

'1993' Afghan

I, for one, am glad that it is finished.  Now, I can move on to other things.

snowman (1)

About Liz

Looking for some peace and quiet. Is that too much to ask?
This entry was posted in crafts, crochet, fiber art, handmade, home, needlework and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Stitch Sampler Afghan

1. Wendy says:

This is so beautiful. I have been toying with the idea of plunging into an afghan project, and the pictures of yours make me think I want to try to do one like this. I love it, and thanks for the pattern source.

2. Jana says:

Tania – The book can be found on amazon. Not sure if you can order it from South Africa.

3. tania says:

i love this pattern, i have been allover the net,searching for this pattern, i am from south africa,cannot find it anywhere,can anybody help me out with this pattern?

4. Becky Smith says:

I love love love the color combo on this afghan… I hope you don’t mind but I am going to try to duplicate your colors I love it so much! what brand/type yarn did you use? and was it all the same brand? Thank you so much! Becky

• Liz says:

Hi Becky,
      Thank you for the nice compliment. No, I don’t mind at all. I used Red Heart Super Saver. I know it isn’t the best type of yarn to use, but when I wash it, I will wash it by itself, use a gentle cycle and air dry it.
      Liz

• Diana says:

I have used Red Heart yarn a few times over the years and found it to be “dependable”…I wash it and dry it just like I do towels and never had any thing become “limp”. I use a regular wash with warm water and then dry on warm…no problems!

5. sherrie allen says:

i did the same one with more muted colors and hung it from a shelf that has a bunch of oil lamps sitting on it. i was pretty impressed with myself after i finished it because i was just learning to crochet.

• Liz says:

It is a good project to learn to crochet since there are so many different types of stitches. Do you have a picture of it posted anywhere?

6. kat says:

Beautiful. Your site looks great on my smart phone.

7. shobhnaa says:

Beautiful pattern with captivating colors

8. Jeannette says:

It is gorgeous! Love the vibrant colors.

Leaving a Reply is Much Appreciated!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s